Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Um... what happened to the Christmas countdown?!

Well... I forgot to post the past two countdown days - sorry! I remembered last night when we were going to bed - but it was too late!  Dang!  So I'm going to post for this last day before Christmas - but it is not really a Christmas memory, it is actually a tradition that I just started this year.  I decided that since the book of Luke has 24 chapters I would read one every day as a kind of Christmas countdown.  It has been so much fun to read Luke throughout the month and it has really helped me feel the spirit of Christmas!  Yesterday as I was reading about the Crucifixion I just felt the Spirit so strong and I felt so grateful for everything the Savior did for us.  And today, Christmas Eve, it was just neat to read the last chapter and think about the Saviors birth, life, death & resurrection.  I just feel so happy celebrating this season, and I'm just so thankful that because of Jesus Christ I can feel this happiness forever.  I'm thankful that He lived, suffered and died for us and that because of Him, things are going to be okay - even when it seems like they won't.  I love Him and just feel so grateful for Him - I wish I could express it better in words!

We hope that all of you have a Very Merry Christmas!!  We have some fun pictures and stories  from our time in Missouri (and I'm sure we'll have more before we head back home!) - so I'll have a lot to post when we get home!  Until then - have a Merry Merry Christmas!!! :) 

2 comments:

Angela said...

I hope you had a great birthday yesterday, sorry I never called!! Have a fun Christmas and a good time visiting Ryan's family. Merry Christmas!

Brooke said...

I know it's a little late, but Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas any way. I hope you enjoy your time in Missouri, and your flight home is as uneventful as can be.