Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Countdown - 16 days!

A Christmas Nap! When I was pregnant with Derek, 2 years ago, I couldn't help but think about Mary as Christmas was approaching. I have always loved reading the Christmas story, but so many elements of it really came to life for me that year. I couldn't imagine having a baby in a stable - I was nervous enough about having a baby in a hospital! And as I thought about Derek and how much love I felt for him even before he was born, I pictured Mary with her new little baby - and I just had to wonder how she felt knowing that her sweet little baby was the Savior of the world and would give His life for all of mankind. It makes me feel so grateful to know of the Saviors love for us - I just can't even express in words how happy it makes me feel to know that He loves and cares about me and each of us! I'm so grateful that we get to celebrate His birth - and His whole life!

0 comments: