Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Countodown - 8 Days!

More Christmas Jammies from last year! I had always heard the stories about people really thinking of others at Christmas and how that made a huge impact on them. I really believed the stories were true, but I didn't know HOW true until a few years ago. My mom knew a family that we could help at Christmas - so all of us gave money to buy them what we could. It was such a neat experience as a family for everyone to give money - even the little kids helped! (Aubs, Erica & Myke were little at the time!) We had so much fun thinking of the things we could buy them and how excited and surprised they would be. The night came for us to drop off the surprises - so we borrowed my Granny's car and me, Lins, my mom & dad went to deliver the stuff. It was so exciting as we quietly sneaked onto the porch and arranged the things we had brought. We then rang the doorbell and sprinted to the getaway car! We were parked close enough that we could hear them when they opened the door - and it was honestly one of the sweetest sounds I've ever heard!! The kids were so excited about all of the goodies on the porch. And I just remember my eyes filled with tears as I listened to them - and I knew that it really is better to give than to receive!!

1 comments:

Brian and Amelia said...

I'm finally trying to catch up on some blogging. I just wanted you to know that I love all of your countdowns! Thank you for sharing some of your memories with us, and the spirit of Christmas - and especially for your testimony. You are such a great person, and example to me!