Wednesday, August 5, 2009

We LOVE The Library!!

I have always really loved the library! I am a big fan of books (what a shocker! ha ha) and so I think it is awesome that you can go & check out a bunch of books! This year we discovered the summer reading program at the library - and it was totally Awesome!! If you read for a certain amount of time each week - you take your reading sheet into the library and you get a prize! They have really fun prizes for the kids, too - like treats, little toys, and gift certificates for free food! They also do story time every week, and Scooter & I have had a blast going!! Today was the end of summer reading party and it was so much fun! I was really glad that we saw Casey's mom there (she's the head childrens librarian) so we could tell her thank you! I think it's so cool that people will put so much time & effort into things like this so my little boy can have such a good time!

Here's Scooter playing with the parachute!
These balls bounced off the parachute.
Playing with one of the prizes he got at the party. They had so many fun things to do. The kids got to spin this big wheel & whatever it landed on was what prize they got. They also picked a sucker off of the "sucker tree" and according to what color the stick was they got a prize for that too. They also had snow cones (they had lots of syrup on them too - just the way a snow cone should!!), spin art, Hawaiian dancing, Hawaiian tatoos (temporary of course!) and leis for everyone to make. The theme was "A Color Luau" - and it was really terrific!

So, thank you Library, and people who work at the library of course, for being so Awesome!!
(They have story time in the fall, too - if you live close you should definitely check it out!!)

5 comments:

Brooke said...

We love the library too! We joined the summer reading club at our local library, and Ben won a Webkinz and Miles a book. Unfortunately we weren't the most diligent at reading while we were in Utah. Oh well. I'm sorry we weren't able to get together while I was there.

Amber Miyake said...

Isn't it great that libraries do those kinds of programs for kids?! I think it's so awesome! And I'm sorry that we weren't able to get together while you were here either. :( I'm glad we can keep in touch through our blogs & facebook though!! :) And I hope you had a good time while you were out here!! :)

Brian and Amelia said...

How fun!! I did a library reading group with Colin last year, until I had Tanner. I want to get into it again, though. We'll be moving to Springville in a couple of weeks, and we'll have to join up in the fall. How early in advance do you have to sign up? Do they have a limit on the number of kids?

Amber Miyake said...

Millie - we could go together sometimes if you want! That would be so much fun! That is awesome that you guys are moving to Springville! I don't think you have to sign up for story time in the fall! And I don't think they have a limit to the number of kids! I will pick up a calendar next time I'm at the library, and I will let you know when it starts!! :)

Brian and Amelia said...

Thanks!! That would be SO much fun! I would really LOVE to do that this fall with my boys. And it would be GREAT to see you and meet your little boy!