Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sugar Cookies

We have a really fun Halloween tradition with my family. We get together the week before Halloween & frost sugar cookies! It is so fun - and everybody is always so creative! Derek really had a lot of fun with the cookies. I frosted a few for him & let him decorate them! As you can see- he also decorated his head with frosting! Who needs gel, huh? I can't remember why he was pulling this face, but I thought it was cute! He really had a lot of fun with the cookies, frosting & candy!

Decorating a cookie!

It was fun because the whole gang was there! (Grandpa isn't in the picture, but he was there too!)

My mom always gets so many goodies to decorate the cookies with! And of course we eat a bunch of the treats before they ever make it onto a cookie! Thanks again Nanny, we all had a lot of fun!





5 comments:

Angela said...

Wow! Derek's hair is beautifully decorated! What a fun tradition. I love sugar cookies. Decorating them is my favorite part.

Keely said...

Love family traditions, This looks like a fun one!!!

Melissa said...

Wow, that makes me miss my Mechams!

The Perkins Fam said...

Oh, this reminds me of doing ginger bread houses at Gran's when we were little, *sigh*, what great memories :)

Anonymous said...

I love the cookie dough in the hair. Why not, right? Makes it a lot more fun that way. Your family looks very happy! Way too cute!