Monday, October 6, 2008

"Come What May, & Love It!"

Don't you love General Conference weekend? I love how uplifting the whole weekend is! One of my favorite talks was Elder Wirthlin's. He really inspired me to try harder to just laugh about things rather than getting upset about them! I loved the quote from his mom: "Come what may, and love it." :) Isn't that great? When he told the story about driving to Cedar City, and not realizing they took a wrong turn until 2 hours later when they saw a "Welcome to Nevada" sign, I thought: Oh, I can definitely laugh about spills and poopy (poopie?!) diapers that end up getting all over! I thought his talk was such a good reminder that it really is better to laugh if we can! So many times I think: I'll laugh about this later. But I'm going to try harder to just laugh about it now!!

3 comments:

Keely said...

Yes, conference was great and I loved this talk to. I liked the story about his daughter leaving for a blind date with the dad that needed a babysitter. I too, will try harder to laugh at spills and poopie diapers that somehow end up getting on clothes. Thanks for you thoughts! Wish we lived closer to you

Brooke said...

I once did that exact same thing with my friend. We had our kids with us, took a wrong turn and ended up seeing "Welcome to Wyoming" signs. We were very late coming home that night, and our husbands had no idea where we were. Luckily we found a Walmart and a Wendy's. :) I still laugh about it.

The Perkins Fam said...

Conference was AMAZING, as always!! I loved Pres. Uchdorf (sp?) talk during the R.S. session. Sometimes I just need to be reminded about the divine worth in each of us.