Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Our First 5-K

So we actually did it - our first 5K! We joined up with our cousins (our inspiration and our "mentors" - since they've done many 5k's). It was surprisingly very fun! Lins slept over at my house on Friday so she didn't have to drive down early in the morning. Here she & Scooter are snuggling before we all went to bed!
We woke up on Saturday morning to pouring rain! Delightful! We had decided the night before that even if it was raining, we were still going to do the 5K! We met Nat at her mom's house (we pulled up next to her van & Lins said "Oh! The Robin Hood Gang is reunited! Ha ha. We always used to play Robin Hood when we were little! Such fun memories!). And then we headed to Fort Utah Park in Provo. We signed in and got our numbers and met up with Katelynn, and did some stretching. Actually, I think it was mostly Lins who was stretching - with her leg kicked up on one of the benches! Lins asked me several times before Saturday if we were only walking the 5K! I told her that yes, we were planning on walking, since we hadn't done a lot of training! (and when I say we hadn't done a lot, I mean, we really hadn't done any...).

So the race started and we were all off! The trail that we were walking - and sometimes jogging- on was really neat. It was under a bunch of trees and right next to the river. Once we got started the rain actually felt good - until we got close to the end and we all felt like we couldn't lift our legs because our pants were too heavy! It was a really, really fun thing to do! We all decided that we are going to do more 5K's together! And I think I'm actually going to train for the next one so that I can run a little bit more!

Here is a picture of our whole group at the end of the race. We were all quite soggy - but happy! It really was fun! (It'll be fun!)
Here's Aubs, Katelynn, Lins, Nat, and me
Erica, Aubs, Katelynn, Lins & Nat
We took this picture when I dropped these guys off at my moms house! Our dad actually took the picture for us! Way to go girls! Let's get ready for the next one!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

You guys are awesome!

Brooke said...

Way to go! I am definitely impressed. :)

Amber Miyake said...

Oh thanks guys! You guys are sweet! I was surprised by how fun it was! :)

Johnson's said...

Hi Amber,
This is Steven's sister Brandee. Anyways so I was looking at your pictures and noticed that you know Natalie. I kind of know Natalie. She is friends with Teri VanAusdal who I a'm friends with and Teri's son is my nephew. I don't know if you know Teri, but all I have to say is what a small world we live in. I'm going have to tell Katelynn that I kind of know Natalie.

Brandee

Amber Miyake said...

Brandee-
It is a small world, huh?! I can't believe you know Natalie! That's crazy! And I do know Teri! I met her cute little boy when we were doing some things with Natalie last summer! Wow! It really is a small world!

kboren328 said...

hey amber!! I love reading your blogs.. it was so fun doing that 5k with you guys! That picture of Derek with Lindsey is sooo cute...he looks absolutely adorable! I love him! I miss him.. can't wait to see you guys saturday!!

Amber Miyake said...

Katelynn I'm so glad you did the 5k with us! You're so sweet girl! Oh, Derek misses you too! Ry & I were just saying yesterday that we want you guys to come over for dinner soon! :) And I'm excited to see you guys on Saturday too! It will be a fun day! :)

kboren328 said...

oh yeah that would be way fun! mom told me yesterday derek's new phrase!! I think it was aw are you kidding me? right? haha that is so funny!!