Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter!

We had a really nice Easter Sunday. We didn't go to our ward because our dr. said it was a good idea to keep Scooter away from other little kids for a few more days, so we just went to Sacrament mtg. with Aubrey & Tyler. Tyler gave a talk in church and he did a great job! He spoke about the last week in the Savior's life, and through the whole meeting I felt Heavenly Father's love so strong! There was a violin & piano musical number and it was just beautiful. It was a medley of songs, and when they played "I know that my Redeemer Lives" I just felt the Spirit so strong that I couldn't keep the tears out of my eyes! (thanks again for that gift Mom!) I love that song! I love that it talks about how He lives to guide us, comfort us, silence our fears and wipe away our tears. He lives to calm our troubled hearts. And some of my favorite words: "He lives my kind wise Heavenly friend - He lives & loves me to the end." I really feel like He is our friend! He loves us and is cheering us on. That is an amazing feeling. And He does love us, even when we're so far from perfect, and I just feel so thankful for Him and His love for us!!
We also enjoyed having Katelynn & Steven over for dinner! They brought Scooter a cute little Easter basked and it had treats and a play camera in it! He keeps carrying the camera with him and wants to bring it "with us" if we go anywhere!!
Scooter found this big cardboard box in the hall and poured a bunch of his Easter treats into it!
Taking a picture with his camera! It's so cute because a light flashes when you take the picture & there's a little screen on the back that shows a cutel little picture of an animal. The picture changes every time you "take" a picture!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm so glad your little boy is feeling better, it sure sounds like a scary ordeal. Thanks for tge beautiful testimony of Easter and the Savior. I am constantly feeling is uplifting his support.

Amber Miyake said...

Oh thanks Brooke! We are so grateful that he's feeling better! :)