Monday, April 20, 2009

Aubreys Shower: Take One

We are SO excited for Aubrey & Tyler! Their big day is almost here! Wow! On Saturday we had a shower for Aubs- and we had a blast of course! (our family believes in having fun, right guys?!) Thank you so much to everyone who came. It was so nice to visit with everyone and Aubrey's quilt turned out really cute! Here are some fun pictures we took that day!

The shower was at the clubhouse at Lindsay's new apartment. It was so nice! When we walked in I said: "I want to have a big room like this in my house!" Here is Aubs, Erica, my Mom & Lins getting everything set up.
Me & my Merry Sunshine!
Sue Ann & Erica
Aubs, Granny & Ashley
Tying the quilt! I hate to admit it, but that was the first time that I had actually tied a quilt! I thought it was really fun!
A big group shot at the end! (sorry that we missed getting a big picture with everyone who was there at the beginning... Come back this Saturday & we'll hang out again just so we can get a picture! ha ha!)
The food! Yum! We really had a lot of great food (surprise surprise, huh?!?). Lins made her famous "oreo balls," and if you haven't tried them you are missing out!! My mom made strawberry fluff, yummy fruit salad & homemade rolls. We had a few pasta salads and eclairs and brownies from BYU. (those BYU brownies are one of my favorite things, ever!)
Tyler and his mom, Kay, and his sister, Ashley. They are so sweet!!
The big room that I want in my house! There was plenty of room for everyone, and the TV wasn't bad either! Ryan made a movie for Aubs when she graduated from high school and it had music and pictures of her all growing up - so we showed that for everybody to see!
More quilting!
The quilt really turned out so cute!! Oh, and aren't Aubs & Tyler so cute together!?!?
Mauri enjoyed the wrapping paper from the presents!
Aubrey's Shower Take Two is coming this Saturday. Tylers mom & aunts are throwing a shower for her! I thougth that was so nice!

4 comments:

Angela said...

We just got Aubrey and Tyler's announcement in the mail this weekend. It's such a cute announcement. Looks like a lot of fun. Your family does know how to have a good time--and good food! The quilt turned out really well. Good job on learning how to tie a quilt.

Amber Miyake said...

Oh I'm glad you guys got your invitation! :) Yay! Can you believe I hadn't tied a quilt before now?!? What is up with that?! It really was fun!
By the by, I feel like I haven't seen you forever! Do you want to go to the park or something soon?! :)

Brooke said...

We are getting so old! Congrats to Aubrey.

Amber Miyake said...

It's crazy - we are getting kind of old, huh?! Tee hee! And thanks for the congrats for Aubs - I will tell her!