Sunday, March 15, 2009

Quarantine!


Poor Scooter had pink eye & an ear infection - not this week, but the week before. So we stayed home for most of the week so that we didn't share it with anyone else! We thought of fun things to do at home, and it snowed anyway, so we wouldn't have been able to go outside. We made homemade graham crackers & these yummy chocolate covered bananas, and we built a few tents and colored. Then, unfortunately, Ryan got sick at the end of this week! He came home on Thursday and Scooter was still sleeping & I was doing some stuff on the computer, so he layed down & fell asleep on the couch. That is very unusual for Ryan- he hardly ever takes naps, especially that late in the day. Scooter was all the way better, so later he and I went to McDonalds for a happy meal & to play on the playground, & that way Ryan could sleep for a while. We also went to my moms to hang out with her & Erica for a while. When we came home several hours later Ryan was still sleeping, and I thought to myself, he must be really sick!!

He ended up sleeping on the couch that night so that he wouldn't get me & Scooter sick. Before I went to bed I went out to make sure he was ok & to see if he needed anything. Then I went to bed. I was sleeping (dreaming like usual!) when I heard this LOUD noise that woke me up! It seriously freaked me out and for a second I couldn't figure out what it was! It was still dark outside & I was really confused as to what I had heard. My foggy mind figured out that it was the TV - and it was Blaring!! I hopped out of bed and went to the front room. "Ry," I said, " Did you turn the TV up?" Imagine my surprise when I saw only his head peeking out of a HUGE mound of blankets on the couch. He literally had seven blankets piled on top of him. "Yeah," he said, "I was trying to get your attention! I am Freezing!!! Can you get me some more blankets?!" I was still in my blurry state of mind - rather than my usual, saintly-wife state of mind, ha ha!- and I thought, you startled me awake to get more blankets?!?! I did go & get more blankets, though, and then I had a brilliant idea! (who knew my mind was capable of brililant ideas before sunrise?!?). I told Ry that I would warm up my "warm pack" for him (it's a flannel coverd pack filled with corn that you heat in the microwave and it's so warmy & toasty!). While I was warming it up Ryan told me he was sorry for waking me up. He had gotten up earlier to get more blankets (hence the huge mound on top of him!) but he was so cold he didn't want to get out from under those covers! I was a little bit more awake now, so I told him it was ok - even though that blaring TV seriously scared the crap out of me! ha ha! I felt bad for him that he was sick & freezing cold. That's another thing that rarely, rarely happens to Ryan. He is Never cold! (he told me the next day that he wonders if that is how Aubrey always feels- because she is Always cold! So Aubs, hopefully Ryan will be more sympathetic when you're at our house & you get cold!). Anywho, I gave him the warm pack and a few more blankets - and then headed back to bed.

Luckily he is starting to feel better & Scooter & I are both still healthy, so hopefully the quarantine can be over soon!! I feel like I have a major case of cabin fever & I can't wait to get outside & do something fun!

2 comments:

The Perkins Fam said...

Man, pink eye, ear infection, freezing to death...you guys have had a rough patch. :) Hope you are all feeling better and that you didn't catch anything Am. :)

Brooke said...

So sorry to hear you've been sick. It really is no fun, especially when the hubby gets sick. They can be big babies. :)