Monday, July 14, 2008

Camping!

We went camping this past weekend and it was so much fun! Derek had a really good time! I think he loved waking up on Saturday morning and being able to go outside right after he woke up! (he loves to be outside!) Going camping always brings back such great memories for me, and I'm so glad that Derek can have those fun memories too!


Derek got a lot of dirt on his face that first day... and the second day too! He sure had fun though! And what's camping without a little dirt, right?!
Derek and Daddy hanging out in the camp chairs!

I think I'll try on Grandpa's headband! A perfect fit!

Me, Derek and Granny! She always took me, Lins and our Cousin Natalie camping when we were kids! She came up for dinner and it was sure fun to see her!

Ryan - roasting a marshmallow. We had the fire thanks to Aubs, who waded through the creek to gather dried branches on the other side!
Me, Aubs, Erica and Myke. Everyone really was happy to be there - honest!

2 comments:

Brian and Amelia said...

Looks like great fun! I love camping! I am so sad that I haven't been able to go yet, this year, but we'll be going in a few weeks, yay! Your family is so cute and great! I can't believe how grown-up your sisters and brother are! Wow! Are we really that old?!

The Perkins Fam said...

I'm jealous!!! I haven't been camping for ages. We are going to go sometime this summer and next summer my plan is to buy a tent trailer! Yay for Gran and Flower Land!!!!