Saturday, February 19, 2011

6 weeks ago...

...I woke up around 5am with contractions. I had been having contractions the night before, but I was still surprised that contractions woke me up & that I couldn't go back to sleep - after all, we had a c-section scheduled in just a few days, right?! I wondered if I should wake Ryan up - but I figured that even if I was in labor that the baby wouldn't be coming fast - so one of us might as well sleep!
When Ryan woke up I told him that I'd been having contractions for a a few hours & that they were coming pretty consistently. He was like "Why didn't you wake me up?!" ha ha! I called our "on call nurse", a.k.a Lins- and she said it would probably be a good idea to call the hospital & see what they said. So, a little bit later (after frantically packing our bags just in case!) we headed down to the hospital. It seriously made my day that our "entourage" was there when we walked in!! It was so fun to have so much of our family there!

Here we are feeling my stomach while I was having a contraction.

After just a short time we were heading to the operating room!!
And before we knew it, Cooper was born! It was so fun to be able to take pictures right after he was born! Since we had an emergency c-section with Scooter, we didn't even have our camera in there with us!
Here is Cooper with our cute, cute friend Brenda - she works in the nursery!
Scooter Boy - playing & waiting to meet his brother!


I love this picture - Ryan sitting with Cooper & checking the score of the game!
Sweet Cooper J.! My brother Myke took some great pictures for us - including this one!!
Brother Buddies!!
I really can't believe that Cooper J. is already 6 weeks old!! He is growing so fast and we are having so much fun with him! He is smiling a lot and is such a sweet baby!! We're so grateful for both of our sweet boys!!

0 comments: