Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Trying not to get cabin fever!

Sometimes we come down with cabin fever in the winter months...We have a lot of fun things to do inside, but we always miss being able to go to the park and just run around outside! Scooter Boy is really into art projects (of any kind!) lately, so we color or do chalk on his easel - along with other projects!

It has also been really warm for February - so we've been able to go outside and have some fun! On this day I thought there was a little bit of snow left on this side of the yard, so I had Scooter get his snow pants on so he could play around in the snow...but when we got outside, there was no snow right here! I think there's still some on the other side of the house since it's more shaded, but we just colored with sidewalk chalk instead!
And we had a few visitors! We had so much fun watching the deer, and Scooter asks me where they are now when we go outside to play.
I love this little Sunshine! Here he is looking at the deer! ... Notice the binoculars in his hands!
Something else that has really helped us keep cabin fever at bay is a really fun website: It's called No Time for Flashcards (click here to see the site - it's great!). She has TONS of incredible art projects for kiddos! I really feel like this has been saving our sanity this winter because there are so many fun ideas that we can borrow from her & do inside!!

1 comments:

Brian and Amelia said...

I feel ya! I can't wait for the warmer weather! We'll have to plan a picnic or something at that park by your house when it gets a bit warmer!