Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving!!

The Holidays are so much fun! I just love the good, warm feeling I get when our family is all together having a good time! We had Thanksgiving dinner at my moms house this year - and it was great! It's so fun to get together with all of the extended family of course, but it was nice to just have our family there this time (Aubs & Ty had dinner with his family, but we were able to see them later!). We had tons of delicious food of course! I tried a couple new recipes this year - one of them being pumpkin cheesecake! As you can see from the picture, it didn't quite make it to dinner before someone grabbed a handful of it! (Ryan!!... ha ha!). This was one of those rare occasions where I just laughed about it though, instead of being ticked off!! ...I need to make that happen more often!
We also made apple-bacon stuffing that turned out so yummy!! I was excited & nervous to try that recipe, and at the last second I almost chickened out & didn't add the apples, but I'm so glad I did! I would definitely eat it again! And I just had to take a picture of the potatoes because there were so many!
We decided this is one of our new Thanksgiving traditions - giving back rubs while we're cleaning up!
Here's Myke hanging out after dinner!
G-man & Scooter playing with legos!
After we cleaned up a little bit we had a little art project for Mauri & Scooter. I think they both had fun!
Here is "Peaceful Warrior"
And here's "Runs like the River" - he was kind of being like a little Indian! He didn't want to stand still! (by the by, I just recently found this Awesome website that has Tons of fun projects for kiddos. It's called "no time for flashcards" - that's where this idea came from!)
Happy, happy!
Making him earn his keep - cleanin' up the sink!
Erica & Ry made time for some Guitar Hero- and Erica was so happy because she beat Ryan a few times! If you've never challenged Ryan on guitar hero - you've gotta understand this is a Big deal - he's not easily beaten!
Mauri playing on the love sack!
I'm so grateful for such a wonderful, wonderful family - those that were here & those that were far away! I really do count my family among my number one blessings!! (I just have to add that I'm also very grateful Mar & Scooter had so much fun together today! ...and that neither one of them were seriously injured when they were playing with the drumsticks & decided that each other would be the drum! ha ha! I love those kiddos!)

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like you guys had a great day! I miss my Mechams!

Amber Miyake said...

Oh dude, we miss you too!!

Brooke said...

Looks like so much fun!

Amber Miyake said...

It really was a lot of fun! By the by Brooke - Scooter & I watched "Summer Magic" today & I thought of you! Do you remember watching it together?! :)

The Perkins Fam said...

Could Mauri look more like Lins? Just a little!! When I first buzzed past the love sac picture I thought it was an old picture of Lins. So funny. Oh and on the subject of great movies from our childhood do you remember Disney's Halloween Treat? I can't find if ANYWHERE!!! So annoying!!

Amber Miyake said...

She does look a lot like Lins, huh?! And she is really funny too - just like her mama!! And guess what!!! We totally have Disney Halloween Treat on VHS - and Ryan has a thing on his computer to put it on DVD - so we did it this year!! Do you want us to make you a copy?! I love that movie & had so much fun watching it with Scooter! (I probably had more fun watching it than he did, ha ha!)