Thursday, September 17, 2009

No Accidents = A Fun Family BBQ!!

We had a really fun BBQ on labor day - and it did not involve any trips to the hospital, thank goodness! Here is Scooter resting up before the big BBQ!
Such a cutie!!
Lins made these yummy peanut butter bars - and Mauri's shoe fell right in the middle! So Lins just cut that part out & we ate around it! They were really yummy!
Mar Mar! She is such a cutie! I can't believe how fast she's growing up! I don't see her for a week or two, and then we do something together and I think: how is it possible that she looks older since the last time I saw her?! She's so fun, & she & Scooter Boy have a lot of fun playing together!
I am taking a cake decorating class with one of my good friends (taught by another good friend, Angela!) and I wanted to practice cooking & frosting a layer cake, so I brought this cake to our BBQ. It turned out better than I thought it would!
Happy Kiddos- playing in the dirt! They love to play in this dirt pile (that used to be a garden) in Nana & Papa's backyard!

I didn't get a picture of Ryan walking around & grilling - but I wish I would have! He doesn't have to use his crutches anymore, Yay Hooray!! He doesn't even have to wear the boot anymore, just a brace under his shoe! It is so great for him to be able to walk around, and we're so grateful that his ankle has been healing so well! It's really a little miracle, and we're so thankful for it! :)

6 comments:

Angela said...

That cake DID turn out AWESOME! I wish I could have had a piece of it! See you Saturday!

Melissa said...

It's amazing how dirt is the best toy around.

Good work on the cake! That was a beauty :)

I would never have thought anything about the chunk of peanut butter bars cut out of the middle. If memory serves me right, Lins always yoinks the middle brownie.

Amber Miyake said...

Thanks Ang! It was fun to make & tasted good, and I have to say it looked better than the one I brought to class last week, haha! See you on Saturday! yay! I'm excited - this is a fun class!!

Amber Miyake said...

Missy - Good memory- Lins always did take the middle brownie! Ha ha, I should have totally made up a story that she just cut out the middle & ate it, huh?! That would have been funny!

Katie and Matt said...

Totally jealous! I want to take a cake decorating class so bad! You're cake looked amazing! Thanks for your comment; it is good to know that our "whitey" genes do good things! :)

Amber Miyake said...

Oh thanks Katie! That's so nice of you! :) & I'm so glad you knew what I meant about our "whitey" genes, ha ha! After I wrote that I was like, hmmm... do I need to explain more what I am saying?! So I'm glad it made sense! I hope you guys are doing well! And seriously - Eli is such a cutie!!! :)