Saturday, January 10, 2009

So Many Prayers!

We recently found out that Derek does not have enough enamel on his teeth -and he has four cavities. He had to go on Friday to a surgical center and get the cavities filled- plus a root canal. We felt so bad for him! He was asleep for the procedure, which was good, but of course as a Mom it always makes you worry when your little kiddo has to have something like that done. All of our family told us that they would remember us in their prayers that day - and it was just amazing to me how I could feel the power of those prayers throughout the day! It just made me feel so grateful to our family for praying for us - and to Heavenly Father for letting us feel that peace & comfort!

Derek is such a little trooper and he's recovering just fine (even though they actually found out there were six cavities!! how sad!!). He has still been his happy little self and has been able to eat what he normally does! We're so, so grateful for our sweet little boy! He makes us so happy!

5 comments:

Brian and Amelia said...

Oh, how sad! I can't even imagine. I'm so glad that you had so many prayers, and so much love. Poor guy. And congratulations to your sister! Yay! How exciting!! I can't believe she's old enough to get married!

Angela said...

I feel so bad for the little guy. Having had my share of dental problems I feel for him. I'm glad they were able to find it and fix it. What a trooper!

Brooke said...

That's horrible. Is there anything they can do to strengthen his teeth? I hope you guys are doing well.

The Perkins Fam said...

Oh poor little Derek!! I'm glad he is doing okay. On a different note, I also still have your books, so I'm just as much a non-book-thief as you are :)Right now I'm reading The Story of Edgas Sawtelle. VERY GOOD!!! After that
I have a whole stack to get to. We better have lunch together to exchange books. It would be great to see Linds. Maybe we could do Chuck E Cheese or something??

Melissa said...

I think it's great that you discovered the problem at such a young age! How did you detect it?