Saturday, January 24, 2009

Baking Bread

I think baking is so much fun, so I decided I wanted to try baking bread. On Wednesday I tried a recipe but it did not turn out - I called it "brick bread." So I tried a different recipe on Thursday and I was So happy - it was really good!! Yay! There is just something about making yummy things to eat & share with people that makes me so darn happy!

Here are some pictures of the process...

"Mom- can I have some bread yet?" Scooter playing with the "brick bread" while our yummy bread was baking.... I'm glad we could use it for something, haha! (and yes, that is a toy sticking out of the bread - just in case you're wondering!!) Don't you love his apron? I was wearing one, so he wanted one too!

Scooter - still playing with the "brick bread." Does anyone need a recipe for a great toy for an inside day?!

The yummy bread! Yay! They were shaped a little bit funny, but they tasted so good! I will just keep practicing to get the shape better!!



Finally! Enjoying the yummy bread with some honey butter! Yummmmm!





2 comments:

Keely said...

Bread sounds so good right now! I might have to make some tomorrow after church. Theres nothing better than warm homemade white bread. And honey butter, you were going all out! Derek is so cute...I love his great big brown eyes, he is going to be a heart breaker.

The Perkins Fam said...

Cousin, you need to post the recipe. By the way, did you know Rebecca is having twins???