Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Scooter Says...

This sweet, fun little boy is constantly cracking us up with the cute things he says! Here are a few of the latest things he's come up with!

* We were watching "Planet Earth" & it showed some Llamas & he said: "I want those Llamas- in our house!" (yep, he's my kid, huh?!)

*Another time we were watching "Planet Earth" again, and a seal was chasing a penguin, and Scooter said: "He's not being nice...He needs to be kind to the penguin!"
*In December we got out one of my favorite advent calendars - and I told Scoot that I used that advent calendar when I was a little kiddo, to which he replied: "You're a big huge kiddo now!"

*One night we were driving in the car, listening to Josh (we listen to Josh all the time! ...We're also on a first name basis with him... ha ha! We wish!) and we had this conversation:
Me: "Who are we listening to?"
Scooter: "Josh!"
Me: "We like him, huh? Is he our favorite?"
Scooter: "No...Daddy is our favorite!"
*One night he was saying his prayer with a little help from mom. I said: "How do we start?... Dear..." and he said: "Dear Farmer Brown..." We had read "Click Clack Moo" a few too many times that day I guess! ha ha!

*It totally made my day when he said to me one day: "You're my best girl!" & another time he said: "You're a nice, good mommy!" I'm not sure it gets any better than that!
*We like to snack on frozen strawberries sometimes, and one day we were sharing a bowl of them & he said: "You should buy a big bag those strawberries for my birthday!"

*One night while getting Scooter ready for bed, I was being a little less than patient & said something like "Come on buddy!" He looked up at me and said, "You should just talk in a kind voice...Not a frustrated voice!" I just started laughing - it was just the reminder I needed!
*A few days ago I was telling Scooter a story about our family & I said something about "Ry" and he looked at me indignantly, and said: "His name is Daddy!" It was especially funny to me because he calls his daddy "Ry" or "Ryan" a LOT!

Oh, what a sweetheart! Not a day goes by that we don't thank Heavenly Father for sending us such a wonderful kiddo! We love him tons & just enjoy all the fun that he brings to our family!

2 comments:

Brian and Amelia said...

He is so cute and sweet and smart! It was SO good to play with you guys at the park yesterday, Colin had a BLAST (Well, Tanner too!) Let's do it some more!!

Melissa said...

"Dear Farmer Brown..." Haha! I'm afraid the world would be a dull place without kids.